Monday, June 8, 2009

The 4 Continents, Return Tickets, & Steven Meisel

The Four Continents, Peter Paul Ruben (1615)

Steven Meisel. Italian Vogue Editorial (May issue 2009), featuring Russian model Sasha Pivovarova.


La Grande Odalisque, Jean-Auguste-dominique Ingres (1814)

Tired of those abstractive arts, dried of dry pointless paintings, I travel my imagination to the place where Rome was once the artistic capital of Europe, when many artists naturally create their work on a monumental scale only suitable for palaces, castles, and château. It feels relieving, seeing the light pampers your eyes through every romanticism object in the canvas, far beyond a brief history of modern bankcruptcy, Twittering social notworks, unclear nuclear news, and Terminator Salvation failure.

Am I lost in the past? Did I go too far behind? To the master work of Peter Paul Ruben (The Four Continents) 1615, or to the sensual pose of La Grande Odalisque (by Jean-Auguste-dominique Ingres 1814)? I don’t think so. Someone has brought me back to reality today. He is my favorite photographer, Steven Meisel. His Italian Vogue Editorial fashion shoot (May issue 2009), featuring Russian model Sasha Pivovarova, is the reason why I can travel with return ticket.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG.

DeanSyahmedi said...

Thank You Roger.

Post a Comment